Thursday, November 19, 2015

Grappling With Kisses





We carry on, though Time rakes fingers hard against our skin
And we remember better the person we are within
Than they who stare with stranger’s eyes at us who stare right back
To test modern-day pioneers foraging Unknown’s track
…of forward march and Time with hungry eyes spares no surprise
As what we thought we knew evolves and readjusts our sighs
We carry on, for what else can anyone do, but this?
A band of fellow-travelers at the mercy of Time’s kiss

© Janet Martin

Last night I attended a meeting on Memoir Writing.
As I listened to guests voice their reasons for wanting to write a memoir I came to the conclusion that we are all grappling with the potency of Time’s kiss, by God's grace...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!