Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Days Are A Bit Like Dandelions



 Day's are a bit like dandelions; our deeds, its seeds.

When day seeps through night’s sable folds
In hue of blues and grays or golds
And lays beneath our touch and gaze
Allowances of time and grace
How will we spend it?

Is like a nature-gift of love
And as God fills our fingers with
The only thing we ever have
How will we spend it?

A drip-drip-drop fills streams and seas
Time’s tick-tick-tock, vast centuries
As moments slip like bits of sand
Or pocket-change, through our hands
How will we spend it?

*We pass this way but once; one chance
To touch and taste, laugh, praise, pray, dance
…a glance on Time’s brief boulevard
Its Recess-time in life’s school-yard
How will we spend it?

 © Janet Martin

When Sasha sent me this link I simply needed to share it!
May our days be splashed with the joy of Sidewalk Dandelions

“How we spend our days, of course, is how we spend our lives,” Annie Dillard


*I shall pass this way but once; any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

Etienne de Grellet
Quaker Missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!