Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Three Little Words...






How swift those little feet traverse Time's eager street, Lord teach us what to say before they dash away

After she stepped from the van I wished I could exchange those three words 'and be careful' with these instead...

It doesn’t take long to say it;
Three little words will do
Why do we often forget then?
To speak it; ‘I love you’

Such a small moment to tell it,
Yet, is there a whisper more dear
Than three little words ‘I love you’
That we would desire to hear?

Before this day slips from its tether
This one thing we all ought to do
Utter while we are together
Three little words, ‘I love you’

© Janet Martin

1 comment:

  1. Your sweet little poem made me smile.
    Thanks Janet.

    I Love you are such beautiful words!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!