Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Of Ink and Paper Storms...



 

I love the feel of paper page
Between my fingers; parchment stage
Where centuries of old unfold
Or fantasies of future-age

I love the smell of books, old, new
I quite enjoy the smell of glue
And ink; the kind that makes you think
Or evokes a tear or two

I love the rush; word touching word
As sense of time and place is blurred
And I am he or they or she
In every emotion stirred

I love the sound of ocean-roar
The salt-breeze as it pounds the shore
Of Scotland cliffs; I love the tiffs
Twixt man and woman, rich or poor

 …when spun upon a paper form
A gale of ink can rouse a storm
I love the touch of books and such
The wind howls, cold; Venice is warm…

© Janet Martin



“The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books”


Henry Wadsworth Longfellow



2 comments:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!