Monday, October 7, 2013

In Kind Mercy...



 This morning the sky is dull and gray; a few days ago the sunrise held a cross in its colors.

He places, in kind mercy
Life’s moments to our reach
And in their joy and sorrow
They keen and prune and teach

How gracious is the Giver
Of moments; come what may
The darkness yields to morning
And the morrow to today

Grace gilds dawn’s virgin tresses
Lord, help us once again
To be kind, humble servants
Of these moments in our hand

© Janet Martin


Then went king David in, and sat before the LORD, and he said, Who am I, O Lord GOD? and what is my house, that thou hast brought me hitherto? 2 Sam. 7:18

Side-chuckle...Victoria read the verse as I typed it. 'who is hitherto? she asked.:)

1 comment:

  1. Such a heartfelt prayer to lord:) we should always be grateful to him for each and everything.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!