Monday, July 8, 2013

Once Again



May we never grow weary of praising You, God
Your mercy unveils the dark hills
And over the glimmering, glistening sod
Your Majesty patiently spills
A clean cup of moments to have and to hold
In spite of fumbling evidence
Gently, from fathoms of love You unfold
Compassion’s tender recompense

Failure’s despair and discouragement’s doubt
Duel; a barbaric force
Still, moments pour from Time’s ethereal spout
In merciful, patient discourse
Hope and forgiveness transcends our worst
Heaven defends with Your best
We should be downcast; pitifully cursed
Instead we are graciously blessed

May we fill our mouths with Your praise; not complaint
For oh, how Your compassion pours
Over the Darkness with pure unrestraint
Like morning across night’s veiled shores
God, You are faithful and will not forsake
Us, though we are foolish and vain
Your grace and forgiveness in mercy-beams break
In newness of hope once again

© Janet Martin

This was not my best week-end; and it had nothing to do with the rainy weather or changes in plans. It had to do with words I spoke and the tone I spoke them in. They cannot be taken back... and we hurt those most that we love best! and this morning it felt like a brick pressed. hard. on my chest as I rose to face a new week. 
As I paused to watch the sun rise Hope whispered to Me...Once. Again. He gives a new day of Grace and I see Grace uttering those words 'it is finished' and Love forgives so we say I'm sorry and drink from His cup of Mercy...'oh, wretched man that I am, who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God, through Jesus Christ our Lord!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!