Wednesday, February 6, 2013

It is not Dead



It is not dead…


Beneath the hush
Of powdered brush



Beneath the shield
Of glistening field



Beneath the shroud
Of flurried cloud



Beneath the dark
Of frost-clenched bark



Beneath the plume
Of snowflake-bloom



Beneath the sheaf
Of fallen leaf



Beneath the shrine
Of argent pine



Beneath the glow
Of virgin snow



Beneath the gleam
Of frigid stream



Beneath the knell
Of gilded dell

...It is not dead



Beneath the white-washed winter slope
Waits the resurgence of  Spring’s Hope



Janet~

6 comments:

  1. Thank-you Lucy. I enjoyed a bit of quiet writing time today:) It was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dream of apple trees... beautiful, Poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's that tug-of-war taunting...the froth of winter or the flaunt of spring.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid and beautiful. I love the photography, too. But your words draw me in. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!