Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dark Winter Night


Not one star ventures out tonight
To grace its black lapel
The silence is a mantle; white
Its breath a low, drawn knell

The moon retreats to chambers veiled
Or closes its lone eye
No silhouette of pine impaled
Against the heavy sky

Birch skeletons flaunt ivory arms
Boldly against the deep
But there are none to see her charms
The whole world lies asleep

Tonight the Muse has lost her spark
She has no words to say
Methinks perhaps it is too dark
And she has lost her way

Janet~

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I doubt your muse has lost her way in the dark, Janet. She seems pretty active to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it takes some strong persuasion to lure her from her hiding. So often, she is hiding in someone else's words;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, I find that true as well. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!