Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Child's Visage


Her mouth is full of yes and yes
Her day, a dreamer’s vast canvas
Her eye, not predisposed to doom
Her mind, a grand enchanted room

Failure has not snuffed fantasy
nor dulled the gleam; Melancholy
has never pressed her spirit down
She is a butter-fly, wind-blown

…and shadows melt beneath her dance
Life is a ball-room, breath a chance
and hope, a diamond in her smile
How sweet it is to be a child

Oft midst life’s turbulent melee`
their laughter sets our spirits free
wakening the courage in our core
to free our inner child once more

Janet~

I was inspired by watching my daughter as she waited for the bus.

 http://poetryblogroll.blogspot.com/2012/02/think-tank-thursday.html

10 comments:

  1. If one is no longer a child, one should be surrounded by a child or at least free one's inner child to know uninhibited JOY! I enjoyed this poem, Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I agree! AS tiring as it can be it repays ten-fold with 'uninhibited JOY!'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely - and yes! to children and childhood... yes! to adults coming (again) to such uninhibited joy of life...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your rhyming and alliterative choices. "Failure has not snuffed fantasy" is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look at my children and feel energized by their zest for life. We should always keep this childlike perspective...enjoyed this ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kat, thank-you so much~

    booguloo, I thank-you;)

    Heaven, it is so true! They keep us young at heart...if we allow them to.
    That childlike perspective is so freeing, and yet so difficult some times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was beautiful Janet!
    I loved all of it, but these lines spoke to me most:

    "…and shadows melt beneath her dance
    Life is a ball-room, breath a chance
    and hope, a diamond in her smile
    How sweet it is to be a child"

    Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just wonderful, the joy of childhood so beautifully expressed, yes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!