Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tomorrow...


http://www.writersdigest.com/


Tomorrow I will tackle
Those jobs around the yard
Load up the old wheel-barrow
With leaves, tattered and tired
I’ll rinse off all the shovels
The shears, edger and hoes
Stack the tomato cages
In neat and tidy rows

Tomorrow I'll clean windows
And fix the broken door
I'll tidy up the kitchen
And scrub my dirty floor
I'll bake the way I used to
Before life's craziness
I'll split the wood for kindling
And clean up every mess

Tomorrow I will wander
Beneath skies, cold and blue
And wish that I could squander
Another hour with you
The cold seems so much colder
And summer far behind
And I feel so much older
Without you on my mind

Tomorrow I will listen
To autumns parting hymn
A madrigal of wisdom
Left upon the limb
Tomorrow I’ll be willing
To fight the good old fight
But time is swift and fleeting
That’s why today I write

Janet Martin

Actually, I feel this is a little rough shod, but it all I could muster
After an exceptionally crazy day!

Prompt; Procrastination...that was easy. I took my mental 'to-do' list:)

Written for November's poem a day challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Well done, Janet. I love the ending:

    "But time is swift and fleeting
    That's why today I write."

    Indeed.

    My poem for the PAD day 1:
    http://inthecornerofmyeye.blogspot.com/2011/11/procrastination-procrastinate-when-you.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!