Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Of Imminent Departure...


Press the curves of your ethereal body
closely to me; there is urgency
trembling beneath the serenity
of imminent departure as we
put on our best brave faces
to preserve moments sealed in our hearts.

Climb over me, align the fire
in your tortured eye with my heartbeat,
Quite suddenly your lips
brimming with passion and desire
suffocates the dreamer’s bliss
in the quiver of imminent departure

I must inhale the scent of you
in our last dance; heady musk
filling my veins; eyes of blue,
Your neck is warm, your breath intoxicating
highlighting the agony of waiting
in the gathering dusk of imminent departure

A ball of crumpled wishes
lodges achingly in my throat
barring all the perfect words
that I would tell, before you go
across the pale blue hill; and so we stand
as I beg you to press closer

Seal your promise of return within my hand,
Not with summer's roses, for shortly
their petals deck the sand; oh, come closer
so I may hear; not the foot-falls of imminent departure
but the landing of your tear
on my cheek, in this farewell hour

Janet~

2 comments:

  1. Janet this is beautifully written and oozes passion. Beautiful visuals throughout. I love the last stanza and last few lines "so I may hear; not the foot-falls of imminent departure but the landing of your tear on my cheek, in this farewell hour". Well written :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poetry and Ice-cream,

    Thank-you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!