Friday, May 13, 2011

Slipping...


The wind slips over the garden
A dry leaf slips over the mead
Daydreams slip into the twilight
A star appears far overhead
And you slip into my memory
As a little-bitty tear is shed

Moments slip into the moonlight
A soft mist slips over the hill
I’m drenched in sudden realization
Time slips by of its own free will
A teardrop slips from my musing
Into the night, reverent and still

Comfort slips over my shoulder
As longing slips out in a sigh
Suddenly I feel much older
As I sense the time slipping by
I slip my hand over your memory
Night slips into the sky

Janet~

I cannot believe it is two weeks
since my friends moved to Nova Scotia.
I miss them

1 comment:

  1. yes, why can't good things ever stay the same?

    beautiful, Janet! felt the longing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!