Friday, April 1, 2011

My Beautiful


While the evening slips to midnight
And the midnight back to day
While day returns to evening
So a life-time slips away
But all I want to say
Oh, all I want to say
Is….today, oh what a beautiful day

While the moments became minutes
Minutes turn to afternoon
But I feel your heart-beat in it
Darling, it’s a lovely tune
And all I want to say
Yes, all I want to say
Is…..what a beautiful day you are today

I cannot touch one moment
Or mile of yesterday
Tomorrow is unknown, dear
All we have is now; today
And all I want to say
Darling, all I want to say
Is…thank-you for being my beautiful today

Can we take an hour
To stroll beneath the moon?
Or stop to smell the flower
That will weep its petals soon?
Darling, let me tell you
Just one last time today
Thank-you for being my beautiful today

Janet~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!