Thursday, April 28, 2011

About Us


There are so many things I know nothing about
And I won’t pretend that I do
It would be pointless to write them out
For everyone to view
But it’s all right, I’m not complaining
Because I know a thing or two
About the things that are really important
…I know about me and you

I know how the world drifts past our window
When everyone is asleep
And I know that counting kisses
Are better than counting sheep
I know how you evoke within me
A new kind of poetry
And you know exactly how to provoke me
To near insanity

Darling, I don’t know the ‘what’ or the ‘why’
But oh, I know the ‘who’
Scholars may study their books a mile high
I prefer me and you
I know what you whisper without a word
And what you say to me
With your suggestive eyes half-closed
In quiet intimacy

And I know how the willow tree
Sings our favorite lullaby
How the moonlight gets to me
Reflected in your eye
There’s something about the color blue
That makes me melt like the snow
Oh darling, I know about me and you
And that’s all I need to know

J~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!