Monday, September 20, 2010

Time Well Spent.....



Today I am just going to hold you
You grow up way too fast
It seems each time that you wake up
You’re bigger than the last
So I am going to hold you
These hours are not in vain
For you are never going to be
Quite this small again

Today I am going to hold you
And kiss your baby cheek
I’ll print a picture in my mind
Of baby as you sleep
I’ll clasp your little hand in mine
And pray that God will be
The One you follow as you grow
And see His love through me

I’ll brush your silky hair of gold
And whisper in your ear
Then may each loving prayer enfold
You; when you’re far from here
Today I am going to hold you
For I know soon you’ll be
Eighteen; with nothing left to hold
But precious memory

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!