Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Past's Eternity


Spring and fall, you melt away
Like ripples on the sea
The covers of a tiny page
In past’s eternity
Sunshine, you dance so briefly
Upon my summer pillow
Before you’re snatched so eagerly
By blue ice stealing yellow

Today I’ll pause to smell the blooms
Today I’ll stroll the greens
Before they rest in darkened tombs
Of history’s charcoal scenes
Today I’ll hold the little hand
Before it carries me
Today is but a tiny strand
In pasts eternity

Should summer plead outside my door
I’ll take my fleeting chance
I’m not hurried anymore
If you ask, I’ll dance
The rise and fall of life and love
A ripple in the sea
A smile, a tear, the picture of
Time-past’s eternity

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!